Monday 18 March 2013

St Patrick's Day celebrations

We celebrated St Patrick's Day with a Social Evening of Irish Strew and Soda Bread, along with games and  song, including - of course - a rousing rendition of "Hail Glorious St Patrick" at the end of the evening.  We raised £360 for St Catherine's Hospice here in Leyland.  Thanks to those who organised it and all who came and took part, including a lovely rendition of "Lady of Knock" - a song new to me.  

I had a great surprise as a whole group of my former parishioners from St Cuthbert's in Wigan also came along unbeknownst to me until I arrived in the hall.


Our parish hall - the Pope John Paul II Room - beautifully prepared and awaiting the onslaught and soon to be packed to capacity!


 A green mitre was produced (no use to me now that the job in Rome has been taken!).
The children took great delight in trying out their names as Pope.
(Photos - cum permissio parentis)






No comments: