Friday 16 April 2021

Third Sunday of Eastertide


Reminder that there is also a Requiem Mass 
offered for HRH the Prince Philip 
tomorrow Saturday 17th April at 12 noon.
A simple Missa Cantata in the Traditional Form of the Roman Rite.

Third Sunday of Easter. Mass at 8.30am & 10am


Monday of Eastertide 9.30am Mass


Tuesday of Eastertide:  No Mass today


Wednesday: St Anselm, Bishop & Doctor 9.30am Mass


Thursday of Eastertide 
7pm Novena of the Miraculous Medal & Benediction


Friday:  of Eastertide 9.30am Mass


Saturday:   Confessions 11.30m - 11.50am
12 noon Mass (EF) St Fidelis of Sigmaringen, Martyr        


Fourth Sunday of Easter. Mass at 8.30am & 10am
Vocations Sunday


 
Invocation of Saint George


Faithful servant of God and invincible martyr,

Saint George; Favored by God with the gift of faith,

And inflamed with an ardent love of Christ,

Thou didst fight valiantly against the dragon

Of pride, falsehood, and deceit.

Neither pain nor torture, sword nor death

Could part thee from the love of Christ.

I fervently implore thee for the sake of this love

To help me by thy intercession to overcome

The temptations that surround me,

And to bear bravely the trials that oppress me,

So that I may patiently carry the cross

Which is placed upon me;

And let neither distress nor difficulties separate me

From the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Valiant champion of the Faith,

Assist me in the combat against evil,

That I may win the crown promised to them

That persevere unto the end.

 
Amen.

1 comment:

F Marsden said...

Sizeable fearsome dragon you've found there, Fr Simon. Much better than the squidgy thing on my newsletter!