Thursday 24 November 2016

Bishop Athanasius Schneider on Amoris Laetitia


As you will know, my tipsy meanderings here focus mainly on things liturgical, rather than theological. I have stayed away from commenting on the ongoing Amoris Latitia saga in public (although my name was among those who wrote, originally privately, to the cardinals with a critique of it). Many of whom found that they were then contacted by their bishops and superiors, as the Holy See had already brought their names to the attention of their superiors.

I make no further comment now but Bishop Athanasius Schneider has posted a piece on Rorate Caeli that may be of interest. It draws my attention because, having spent some time in the bishop's company, I have always found him gentle, fair-minded and self-effacing - to say nothing of his insight, clear thinking and directness. A pastor of holiness, so well worth listening to.


Bishop Schneider Mass - Conference - London

No comments: